Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Education is not the Filling of a Pail


“Education is not the filling of a pail. 
It is the lighting of a fire!” 
~ William Butler Yeats

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!
To
Just Ask Barbara
Are you a Teacher, Parent, Kid,
or simply a lover of questions?

No question is too big or too small! We all have questions, lots of questions, and how we live with them, answer them, reflect upon them, and ask again tells us a lot about ourselves!

Questions from parents, teachers, and children are most welcome.

A few questions I live with are:

How to deal with conflicts at home and at school?
Does a one size fits all philosophy work with children?
What is the most important quality to cultivate in oneself as a teacher or parent? 
In the home, where does freedom end and anarchy begin?
What kind of rules make the good things happen?
What is the wisest balance between play and academics?
As a teacher, how can I create a genuinely caring community in my classroom?
How do I meet the needs of my child when they differ from my own?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Barbara, and thank you! This is going to be an invaluable gift to so many people and to your own self! I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shows how the richest possibilities for learning about life can come up in a small moment! Barbara, I remember learning from you during thousands of small moments like this. It is essential that the world continues learning from you as long as you're willing to share your wisdom. Thanks for this new service. Bon chance.

    ReplyDelete